Application Materials

You will be required to submit certain academic and personal documents to apply and accept an offer to INTO Mason.

Most students must meet these criteria. Some requirements might vary for sponsored students.

All Programs

  • Copy of passport valid for 6 months beyond program start date (and for spouse/dependents, if applicable) 
  • Copy of bank statement and affidavit of support or letter of sponsorship. An affidavit of support is a document that confirms a family member, relative or other sponsor will financially support the student throughout their program. 
    • Bank statement must be dated within one year of program start date and signed or stamped by a banking official 
    • Name on affidavit of support must match bank statement. An affidavit of support is not required if student submits own bank statement. 
    • Please note, an additional $7,500 is required in proof of funding in the bank statement for a spouse and an additional $5,000 is required in proof of funding in bank statement for each child 

Academic English 

  • Copy of high school or university diploma (English AND native language) 
  • Copy of visa and I-20, if currently in the US. The I-20 is an important document that proves a student's eligibility to study in the United States and will be required throughout the duration of the international student life cycle. 

Learn more about the Academic English program. 

International Year One (IYO); Graduate Pathway Program (GPW); Bridge Program; Undergraduate Transfer Program  

  • Copy of high school or university diploma (English AND native language) 
  • Copies of transcripts of all relevant qualifications in both English and your native language signed or stamped by former school 
  • Copy of visa and I-20 (if currently in the US) (Transfer In Form will be provided by us and must be completed by the student's current institution and returned) 
  • Copies of English language test scores, if available. Test scores cannot be over 2 years old.

English languages scores are not required to apply for Pathway programs. However, you will be enrolled in three semesters of Academic English until we receive valid English language scores. 

Some programs require additional application materials and may require additional time for evaluation and review of portfolios by academic departments. These include:

  • Music (IYO and GPW)
  • Computer Game Design (GPW)
  • Graphic Design (GPW)
  • Business Administration (GPW)

 View all INTO Mason academic program entry requirements


Translation Services 


Students should complete their diploma/transcript translations by an American Translators Association (ATA) certified service. Area translators offer this service.

Official Transcripts 


You must provide copies of your official documents/transcripts. You can submit a digital copy when you apply.

If you are submitting hard copy documents, we'll collect them during orientation week. Please make a copy, as we generally do not return these documents to students. However, if only one copy is available, note this during the admissions process, and we will try to return them. 

Official documents can also be mailed directly from another school/institution to:  

INTO George Mason

ATTN: INTO Transcript Evaluator 

George Mason University

4400 University Drive, MS 3A4 

Fairfax, VA 22030