INTO Mason's week-long orientation guides you through the first steps of your academic, cultural, and social journey here.
During mandatory orientation, you will:
- Take the English-language placement exam.
- Get a Mason ID card.
- Open your university email account.
- Turn in required health vaccinations and documents.
- Submit transcripts and test scores.
- Register for courses.
- Take a campus tour.
- Meet new students.
Our INTO Mason Welcome Guide (PDF) has information on preparing for your arrival to the Fairfax Campus, including:
- What to Pack
- Money and Banking
- Campus Safety
- Health Immunizations and Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
Follow the CDC Recommendations for Arrival to the US:
- Make sure you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines before you travel.
- Consider getting tested before travel.
- Follow the CDC recommendations for wearing masks in travel and public transportation settings.
- Show proof of being fully vaccinated with primary series before boarding a flight to the U.S.; limited exceptions apply.
- Get tested after travel.